Tablets are becoming more popular in recent years, and it is clear that they are only a technology some can enjoy. Due to these circumstances, the US government provides free tablets with Medicaid to qualified low-income families. The next step is to find out how to get free tablets with Medicaid.
What is Tablet?
Tablets can serve many different purposes when compared to a phone. It can be used to communicate, for educational purposes, for research, and many other things. Many cool tablets have been released over the last few years, and they have more features that ensure you get the best services possible.
These tablets are excellent but cost more than cellular devices like mobile phones. In partnership with several independent service providers, the federal government is working toward issuing free tablets to most people, owing to the need for tablets. This brings us to our big question: how can Medicaid give you a free tablet?
What are the benefits of having a Tablet?
Following are some perks of getting a free tablet:
Digital divide: A tablet is a great tool for bridging the digital divide. People can learn about digital entities if they have access to a free Laptop and can enhance their intellectual capacity. People with smartphones or tablets can also contact you more easily.
Educational tool: A tablet can also be an educational tool by allowing you to take online classes, read documents, complete assignments, and do other educational activities. It is also possible for teachers to schedule meetings to arrange as well as steam tables and other activities using tablets. You will need a tablet with a high-functioning capacity that can deliver what is needed to accomplish this.
Enhances communication: A tablet allows you to communicate more easily with family and friends. Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can also serve as educational platforms, allowing you to read news, watch videos, and participate in other online activities. Using a tablet to make voice calls or conduct video chats is also possible, just like a phone.
Cool user interface
Cool user interface: Compared to mobile phones, tablets have an attractive user interface with various features. The Tablet allows you to partition the screen into several sections to accomplish different tasks under each section, thereby saving time and reducing the time required to complete a task.
Large display: The display on all tablets is larger than on mobile phones. Compared to mobile phones, the screen provides a better view for viewing things, interacting with applications, and carrying out activities more quickly. While tablets are heavier and larger to carry than mobile phones, at least some of them perform better than phones despite this. However, tablets are heavier and heavier than mobile phones.
What Is The Medicaid Program?
It is a federal and state program that provides low-cost or free health insurance to millions of Americans who cannot afford health insurance on their own. Its beneficiaries are:
- Low-income individuals and households.
- Pregnant women.
- The elderly and people with disabilities.
The federal government provides a portion of Medicaid funding and sets the program’s guidelines.
The Medicaid program and the benefits it offers vary from state to state. There are even different names for Medicaid programs, including Medi-Cal and Medicaid assistance.
About Medicaid Services
Medicaid is a government-sponsored health coverage program to provide Americans with health insurance. It has been able to provide health insurance to 74.9 million Americans as of 2021.
- An official document, such as your tax documents or income payslips, will be necessary if you are applying based on a low income. To be Medicaid-eligible, you must have an income that does not exceed 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- A Medicaid office near you or an online application form is available if you are disabled. A copy of your disability documentation will be required.
- Medicaid can be obtained either by the child or their parents. As well as this, they can apply in person or online (parents should assist with the application process). Proof of age and documents showing eligibility must also be provided.
- Medicaid services are also available to seniors over 55. Medicaid requires that you prove your age either online or in person.
Can you get Free Tablets with Medicaid?
Several Medicaid providers offer discounts of up to $100 on internet-connected devices, such as tablets, computer desktops, and laptops. The government tablet is free because of this discount.
ACP is an affordable connectivity program available as part of Medicaid, as it is federally funded. The Medicaid program, therefore, allows free tablets to be obtained.
What are the steps to apply for a free Tablet?
A complete overview of the application process will be provided here.
Step 1: Determine your eligibility
Medicaid is used in this process. To ensure you qualify for the Assurance wireless free tablet, confirm that Assurance wireless supports Medicaid at the time of application. It will also be necessary for you to show that you receive Medicaid benefits. It will help if you avoid being denied the Tablet or being taken into custody by the federal government by having an original certificate.
Step 2: Apply online
The next step is to complete the application form. You can do this online by visiting assurancewirelessebb.com. Assurance wireless requires you first to create an account. After filling out the application form, you will need to submit it. In the application, you may be asked to provide details such as your date of birth, address, name, occupation/education, and any other information relevant to the application process. The next step is to scan the Medicaid and attach it. After you have done that, click on the ‘submit’ button.
For those who have trouble completing the online application, download the form from getemergencybroadband.org, fill it out, and mail it to Assurance Wireless or the Emergency Broadband Bureau.
Step 3: Collecting voucher
A voucher will be issued to you if your application is approved. You can use that voucher to redeem a free Tablet. You can redeem the voucher or visit a specific location in multiple marketplaces. The voucher can be picked up at Assurance wireless or mailed to you.
Step 4: Choose a plan
You need to register the Tablet with Assurance wireless once you have received it. A free cell phone plan from assurance wireless must be applied here. After registering your device with the network, you can access free Tablet plans for up to a year, after which you must recertify.
Qualification For A Free Tablet Through Medicaid
The government may offer you a free tablet if you meet other eligibility requirements. Two major factors determine eligibility requirements.
You may qualify for a free tablet if your income meets the federal poverty level threshold of 135%. You must submit tax documents to prove your income is below the threshold.
Taking part in other federal assistant programs
If you participate in several Federal assistance programs, you will have the chance to receive a Free Tablet. There are several programs available, including:
- Supplemental Security Income
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- An Indian reservation’s food distribution program
- Assistance with housing for veterans receiving pensions and many other benefits.
Eligibility criteria to qualify for Medicaid Program
The Medicaid program requires that you meet certain eligibility criteria.
We have listed the program’s eligibility requirements below –
- Your application must be based on your citizenship.
- Medicaid eligibility requires annual earnings at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- It is necessary that you reside in the United States or that you are a qualified noncitizen.
Required Documents to get Free Tablets with Medicaid
The Medicaid program requires you to submit an official document specifying your income to qualify for it.
Here are a few options that you can submit.
- The current income statement
- A copy of your paycheck stub
- Statement of benefits from Workers’ Compensation
- Awards for child support
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Tax return from the previous year, either state, federal, or tribal
- Statement of retirement or pension benefits
- Divorce decree
You can apply for Medicaid through an online application form if you are disabled and live near a Medicaid office. Disability certificates must be provided as proof of your disability. A Medicaid program can only be applied for by seniors or older people over 55.
You need the following documents to prove your age:
- The birth certificate
- Government assistance program document
- U.S. driving license
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- A valid state, government, military, or Tribal ID
Best Providers Of Free Tablet With Medicaid
StandUp Wireless is proud to be a provider of the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Participants eligible for the program can receive a one-time discount of up to $100 on tablets, computers, and laptops. It takes the beneficiary at least $10.01 and no more than $50 to cost-share a device under FCC regulations.
Participants in the program receive 8-inch tablets with Wi-Fi capability and mobile service from StandUp Wireless. As well as offering free unlimited talk, text, and data, StandUp Wireless also provides eligible customers with a free monthly service.
Qualification Process of StandUp Wireless
If you are eligible for Medicaid, you can receive a free tablet from StandUp. Medicaid participants and those who qualify through other means are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program tablet:
- Your household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- Participate in government assistance programs like SNAP, Medicaid, Lifeline, etc.
- Someone in your household or You has been awarded a Federal Pell Grant during this current award year.
- You have been approved for benefits through the free or reduced-price school breakfast or lunch programs, including USDA Community Eligibility Provisions in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 academic years.
Apply For StandUp Wireless Free Tablet
Visit standupwireless.com/apply-now to apply for a free StandUp tablet. Enter your ZIP code, and email address, and tap ‘Begin application.’ Submit the required information and documentation showing that you are eligible to participate in ACP by following the instructions on the screen.
The next step will be to choose an eligible plan after you forward your application. When your application is approved, StandUp Wireless will add your discount to your bill and email you details on how to order your free Tablet.
Documentation For Free Tablet Application with Medicaid
An official document showing your participation in Medicaid is required if you are applying for a free tablet through your food stamps. You may be required to provide one or more of the following documents if you qualify under another eligibility criteria.
- Passport, state I.D.I.D., other government-issued I.D.I.D., U.S.U.S. Military ID, U.S.U.S. Driver’s License, etc.
- Driver’s license, Tribal ID, state I.D.I.D., another government-issued I.D.I.D., utility bill, etc.
- Submit an official document confirming your household income, such as your previous year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return, a Social Security statement of benefits, a recent paycheck stub, etc.
- Applicants must submit an official document confirming their participation in a qualifying assistance program, such as a benefit award letter, approval letter, statement of benefits, or benefit verification letter.
Assurance Wireless offers Medicaid beneficiaries free tablets. If you would like to apply for a free tablet, please follow the steps below.
Step 1: Find Out If You Are Eligible
Medicaid qualification requirement for the free Tablet, verify that Assurance Wireless supports Medicaid during the application process. The Medicaid certificate you receive from the government must also prove your eligibility.
Step 2: Submit an online application
- In the next step, you must fill out an application form. The process can be done online at Assurance Wireless ACP. You will need to create an account there first.
- Complete the application form. The form may require information such as name, date of birth, address, occupation, and education to verify the process. Your next step will be to attach a scanned copy of Medicaid and click the ‘submit’ button.
- Applicants may also download the application form for ACP benefits and mail it to Assurance wireless or the ACP office if you are experiencing difficulties applying online.
Step 3: Collecting the vouchers
As soon as your application is approved, you will receive a voucher that can be redeemed for a free tablet. Redeeming the voucher requires a trip to a specific location, or you can redeem it on various marketplaces. If you prefer, you can have the voucher mailed to you from Assurance Wireless.
Step 4: Select A Plan
Once you get your free Tablet, you can activate it with Assurance Wireless and choose one of the free phone plans offered by Assurance Wireless. Once you’ve completed the application and been approved, you can register your device with the network and take advantage of free Tablet plans for 12 months.
The companies that offer free tablets to low-income families
Some renowned companies offer free tablets to low-income families, and the following list is provided:
- World Computer Exchange
- Technology Assisting People In Need
- On It Foundation
- Computers For Learning
- Microsoft Registered Refurbished
- Komputers 4 Kids
- Everyone on
- Computer Technology Assistance Corps
- Accelerated Schools Program
If you wish to receive a free tablet, you can contact any of the organizations mentioned above.
Are there any free tablet programs with Medicaid?
Yes, without a doubt. Medicaid offers free tablet programs from service providers such as Assurance Wireless.
Does the ACP Program offer free tablets?
Low-income people qualify for free tablets from certain ACP providers. The Tablet provided by ACP is only partially free. A $10-$50 contribution is required towards the purchase price of the Tablet. When you purchase a tablet from ACP, you get a $100 discount.
Is it possible To Get a Government Free Tablet?
Government offers free tablets to people who qualify for programs such as Lifeline and EBB. A free government tablet is available for those who meet specific eligibility requirements.
Nowadays, tablets are becoming more expensive than cellular devices like mobile phones. It is, therefore, unaffordable for most people. It is a great relief that the Federal Government, some wireless providers, and free service organizations provide free tablets for low-income families. A free tablet with Medicaid can be obtained by qualifying for the program and submitting the required documents.